Saturday, February 21, 2009

Seeing Past the Poop



Today has been one of those days. You know, the poopy kind. The kind of day that I want to tell the "Keep Calm and Carry On" mantra to shove it. The kind of day that you don't want others to know that you're having (but I'm sure a lot of us experience)... so why the heck am I writing about it?


Well, the point of this post is for me to see past the poop (which at this time of year, I literally have to do when I'm out walking). Focus on the positive. Keep Calm and Carry On!

See, I even made a cute poo illustration.

That's a positive.

It's also the first time I've used my watercolour palette in months!

Wow!


Basically, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Or Dex woke me up at 5 am... and it made me grumpy.


The short version of the story: I believe Dex is the devil incarnate in the wee hours of the morning and was prepared to take him back to the Humane Society, which conveniently is down the street from us.
I could never take Dex back to the Humane Society, but he certainly likes to test me.

The long version of the story is quite a bit longer and after rereading what I wrote, makes me seem a bit petty and heartless, so I'm going to omit it. I've gotta focus on seeing past the poop, after all.

The week had been going well.

Several sweet repeat customers - you know who you are - brightened the end of my week on etsy. These days it seems tough to make a sale, so I truly appreciate your business!

And despite the dismal economy, I've been fortunate enough to work part-time at a design firm down the street from us.

I was also rather productive with my own projects and have a bunch of new designs in the works. Here's a sneak peek of one of them:


I'm doing my best to stay focused for the rest of weekend, so I can finish all that I want to and hopefully get to printing some new tees and listing new items in the the shop next week.

How fitting though, that the toilet literally overflowed today. I'm not kidding :)

At least there was no poop... at least, I don't think there was. Matt had to deal with it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, Cathy. Well, at least your poopy day provided me with a chuckle. At your expense, I guess. Gee, now I feel bad! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and I LOVE the kitty with a red balloon!

    ReplyDelete